Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a fun and festive Halloween weekend.  We had a blast at our family get together.  Every chance we get, our family gathers at my cousin Rosalie's house.  She lives on a great spread of land that is perfect for our big family get togethers.  Aside from enjoying each other's company, there is always lots to do.  This time it was pumpkin carving and painting contests, hayrides, feeding the catfish in the pond, bike rides and of course eating. . . lots of eating.  



My sister Andy, Rosalie and me


Getting the trailer ready for hay rides.


Bryan was happy to pull the hay trailer. . . or maybe he was just excited to play with the new toy.












Our parties wouldn't be complete without some great food and delish desserts.  I was a baking machine and aside from making my famous pumpkin butterscotch cookies and pumpkin mini-muffins, I also made these adorable Mummy cupcakes. . . they were a big hit, if I do say so myself.


My cousin Sylvia impressed us all with her sopa.  This is a recipe that my Grandmother used to make.  It takes a lot of time and care to make this and it was always a special thing she did for us.  Thanks Syl for taking us back.  You did a fabulous job.



Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER