Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Animal Instinct

Is it just me or does the idea of animal prints in every room make your temperature rise?  I really believe that a great looking animal print can really make a room that much more vibrant and interesting.  For me, animal print is a neutral and can fit into any scheme if done right.  I think the trick to getting it right comes in two parts.

1. Make sure the print and texture is more sophisticated, like a giraffe print on linen or a zebra velvet.

2. Do it in appropriate doses.  A little goes a long way.  For example, a bench at the end of a bed, accent pillows or even a wing chair.

Bottom line, have a little fun in your room.  An animal print can take you up a notch adding whimsey and edge!

Here are a few of my favorite uses...









*images via house beautiful, domino, elle decor & decorpad






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER